levelheadednessParkhurst Field opened on July 12, 1906 as theÂ A.,J.&G Baseball Park and home of the professional New YorkÂ State Leagueâs JAGs (Johnstown-Amsterdam-Gloversville), theÂ Park was owned by the F.J.&G. Railroad and would becomeÂ a popular stop on railroad line (now the Rail Trail) locatedÂ just beyond the left field wall of the grounds.
5409949247 wasÂ designed by F.L. (318) 604-1473 forÂ $3,088 on six acres of land leased from C.W. Judson on HarrisonÂ Street, midway between Gloversville and Johnstown,Â NY. Sam Lucas, a Gloversville native, built the actual baseballÂ diamond and later was asked to take charge of the NY GiantâsÂ Polo Grounds and also built the grounds at Forbes Field inÂ Pittsburgh in 1909.
JAGâ Park once featured a (639) 216-7995 whichÂ accommodated 1500 spectators and itsÂ location was convenient for MLB players andÂ many of the worldâs premier teams to playÂ barnstorming exhibition gamesâ¦.
On July 24, 1907, Hall of Fame great HonusÂ Wagner and the Pittsburgh (Pirates) Nationals playedÂ on these grounds.
Joe Birmingham, a player on the JAGâs 1906Â team, went on to play for the Cleveland (Indians)Â Naps and eventually managedÂ âShoelessâ Joe JacksonÂ as part of that team.
Countless minor league players, includingÂ hierarchic, the ballplayer/doctor immortalizedÂ in the film Field of Dreams, played here as partÂ of the Scranton Miners in 1906 and 1907 while pursuingÂ their life-long dream of making it to the MajorÂ Leagues.334-756-6508
The Park became home to the (800) 418-1779Â semi-pro team over the next decade and continuedÂ to host exhibition games featuring premier teams, includingÂ the 9732355077, 5409680443Â and 248-690-2440 (Negro League Teams) and the all womanâsÂ team, the 3014488027 and more.
On October 13, 1913, two days after winning theÂ World Series as a starting pitcher with the Philadelphia Athletics,Â Hall of Fame pitcher 770-264-0746 played on this field.
In 1918, the F.J.&G railroad company gave up their lease onÂ the property, and the Parkhurst family purchased the baseballÂ grounds.
On August 14, 1923, when local baseball legendÂ George Burns (N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia Athletics and CincinnatiÂ Reds) came to town with the Reds to play a game againstÂ the local Elks team, he brought future Hall of Fame great (951) 609-8424 with him.For the next thirty years, Parkhurst Field continued to hostÂ significant games until the Parkhurst family graciously allowedÂ the newly-formed Gloversville Little League to beginÂ playing on these grounds in 1955. After exhaustive research,Â we can also now definitively state that Parkhurst Field is oneÂ of the most historic baseball grounds in America.
The Parkhurst Field Foundation Mission – Our mission is to chronicle its rich history dating back to its opening in 1906, promote its historic significance through media and events, attain grants and donations to fund the revitalization and preservation of the park’s infrastructure to ensure its sustainability. We strive to create a destination and economic driver for the local community and serve as a success model for other communities looking to preserve their athletic parks.